By Avril Maddrell
- A infrequent and precise research of the geographical paintings of 30 person girls geographers from 1850 to 1970
- Includes oral histories from girls who've held appointments in British universities for the reason that international warfare II
- Makes the paintings of girls geographers obvious and demanding situations the idea of pre Nineteen Seventies geography as an overwhelmingly masculine field
- Makes a tremendous contribution to debates in regards to the theoretical and methodological framing of the historiography of geography
Read Online or Download Complex Locations: Women's Geographical Work in the UK 1850-1970 (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best earth sciences books
Marine Meteorology has a protracted culture, and experiences of floor meteorological stipulations were released again and again because the finish of the final century. lately, the call for has grown for extra precise descriptions. This stems either from the public's curiosity in climatic switch and from our becoming skill to examine atmospher ic and oceanic tactics using numerical versions.
The coastal ocean includes the semi-enclosed seas at the continental shelf, together with estuaries and increasing to the shelf holiday. This quarter is the focal point of many severe matters, together with coastal inundation by way of tides, hurricane surges or sea point swap; fisheries and aquaculture administration; water caliber; damaging algal blooms; making plans of amenities (such as energy stations); port improvement and upkeep; and oil spills.
This ebook offers an enticing and informative evaluate of Colombian landscapes and their geological evolution, together with finished descriptions of seventeen key chosen websites within the nation. It presents perception into the geomorphological variety of Colombian landscapes characterised via climatic and topographic version.
Crustal Properties Across Passive Margins: Selected Papers from the Symposium Crustal Properties Across Passive Margins Held at Dalhousie University, Halifax, ... Canada (Developments in Geotectonics)
Advancements in Geotectonics, 15: Crustal houses throughout Passive Margins covers the papers provided on the symposium ""Crustal homes throughout Passive Margins"", held at Dalhousie collage in Halifax, Nova Scotia on June 19-23, 1978. The booklet specializes in theoretical modelling of the rheological houses within the higher mantle underneath oceans and continents and stratigraphic reviews of the sedimentary basins.
- Petroleum Geology of Libya
- Residential Change and Demographic Challenge: The Inner City of East Central Europe in the 21st Century
- Mapping Spatial Relations, Their Perceptions and Dynamics: The City Today and in the Past (Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography)
- The Biomarker Guide: Volume 1, Biomarkers and Isotopes in the Environment and Human History
Additional resources for Complex Locations: Women's Geographical Work in the UK 1850-1970 (RGS-IBG Book Series)