By Harold F. Hemond,Elizabeth J. Fechner
chemical/biological differences in floor waters, in soil and groundwater, and in air. Each
of those 3 significant environmental media are brought by way of descriptive overviews, by
presentation of the controlling actual, chemical, and organic approaches. The text
emphasizes intuitively dependent mathematical versions for chemical delivery and changes in
the surroundings, and serves either as a textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate classes in
environmental technological know-how and engineering, and as a regular reference for environmental practitioners.
* offers an built-in insurance of significant environmental media
* offers a quantitative remedy of destiny and shipping processes
* is predicated on a graduate-level path taught for 10 years at MIT, augmented with functional consulting experience
* gains examples and illustrations in the course of the text
* contains wide workouts on the finish of every chapter
* includes considerable references to the first literature
Read Online or Download Chemical Fate and Transport in the Environment PDF
Similar earth sciences books
Marine Meteorology has an extended culture, and stories of floor meteorological stipulations were released again and again because the finish of the final century. lately, the call for has grown for extra exact descriptions. This stems either from the public's curiosity in climatic swap and from our growing to be skill to examine atmospher ic and oceanic methods simply by numerical versions.
The coastal ocean contains the semi-enclosed seas at the continental shelf, together with estuaries and lengthening to the shelf holiday. This area is the focal point of many critical issues, together with coastal inundation by way of tides, typhoon surges or sea point swap; fisheries and aquaculture administration; water caliber; destructive algal blooms; making plans of amenities (such as energy stations); port improvement and upkeep; and oil spills.
This ebook offers an enticing and informative review of Colombian landscapes and their geological evolution, together with finished descriptions of seventeen key chosen websites within the kingdom. It presents perception into the geomorphological range of Colombian landscapes characterised by means of climatic and topographic edition.
Crustal Properties Across Passive Margins: Selected Papers from the Symposium Crustal Properties Across Passive Margins Held at Dalhousie University, Halifax, ... Canada (Developments in Geotectonics)
Advancements in Geotectonics, 15: Crustal homes throughout Passive Margins covers the papers provided on the symposium ""Crustal houses throughout Passive Margins"", held at Dalhousie college in Halifax, Nova Scotia on June 19-23, 1978. The booklet specializes in theoretical modelling of the rheological houses within the higher mantle underneath oceans and continents and stratigraphic stories of the sedimentary basins.
- Relative Fidelity Processing of Seismic Data: Methods and Applications (Wiley Series in Petroleum Industry Press)
- Mineralogy of Arizona
- Sand Production Management for Unconsolidated Sandstone Reservoirs
- Seismic Imaging, Fault Damage and Heal
- Paleotemperature Analysis (Methods in Geochemistry and Geophysics)
Additional resources for Chemical Fate and Transport in the Environment